Sir Patrick Dun’s table—an accidental war memorial

Sir Patrick Dun’s Hospital was opened on Artichoke Road, later renamed Grand Canal Street, in 1808. It was built partially using funds bequeathed by Sir Patrick to the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (RCPI) and it was used as a teaching hospital, training medical students and junior doctors from Trinity College, Dublin, until it ... Read more

Subscribe to History Ireland in print or digital here


View Subscription Options

Already a subscriber? Sign in