‘A Combined Barricade and Ammunition Wagon’… The Legion of Mary Book Barrow

On 7 September 1921 fifteen women and two men met in Myra House, Francis Street, Dublin and established the Association of Our Lady of Mercy. In November 1924 a Central Council for the Association was founded and finally in 1925 the organisation changed its name to the Legion of Mary. In 1927 the Legion had ... Read more

Subscribe to History Ireland in print or digital here


View Subscription Options

Already a subscriber? Sign in